Nextep is a premier Professional Employer Organization (PEO) headquartered in Norman, Oklahoma, serving the human resources needs of small and medium-sized businesses. Nextep manages HR solutions such as payroll, employee benefits, human resources, and workers’ compensation. Nextep has been recognized numerous times as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
At Nextep, our employees work every day to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives. We take that endeavor seriously and extend that spirit of enrichment to business owners, their employees, and each other.
Nextep is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team in our Norman office. We are seeking an individual that will assist our clients in processing timely and accurate payroll in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes. The Payroll Specialist consults with clients on best payroll practices and proactively researches compliance and tax issues. This position provides initial and on-going system training and troubleshooting to new and current clients.
- Processing a variety of documents related to employee hires, terminations, garnishments and levies, and various benefit entitlements.
- Coordinates with clients daily to obtain payroll data including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions and to set schedules.
- Supports and assists clients in the administration of their payroll, including troubleshooting Nextep's payroll system, web platform, timekeeping system and onboarding system as needed.
- Maintains a high rate of client retention through quality service.
- Provides and recommends clients with reporting as needed.
- Responsible for building and maintaining Paid Time Off policies within Nextep's payroll system and timekeeping system, in accordance with the policy outlined in their Nextep-provided handbook.
- Keeps abreast of changes and updates within the payroll processing system to be efficient in duties, to maximize use for client benefit and to be able to research and resolve client questions and system discrepancies.
- Advise clients on wage and tax laws as it pertains to the administration of payroll.
- Assists in development of overall payroll procedures by recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for greater efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with regard to all local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Supports the Payroll Team Lead with the implementation of any process changes or projects designated by the Payroll Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work under pressure and handle highly sensitive issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills with the ability to handle sensitive employee issues in a highly confidential manner.
Nextep is extremely committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. Currently the average tenure of a Nextep employee is over five years. We offer an exceptional compensation package to our team members with very attractive benefit plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and 401(k). You can learn more about Nextep and our services at Glassdoor and www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.